Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happiest Place on Earth

Disney News, because I'm from Cali and I love Disney. Deal with it.

Disney is going under some serious re-vamping especially Disney's California Adventure. I literally cannot wait for the Little Mermaid ride and Carsland to open. It also looks like Disney might be bringing back a classic as well - the People Mover. Cool, right? Oh that's right, it was removed because people were jumping out to commit suicide! Disneyland resort president, George Kalogridis said,“What I do know is we could never bring it back as it was originally.” Obvi.

Source: OCRegister.com

At Disneyland a recent controversy surrounding an incident where an inter could not observe her religion has come to a compromise. The intern was not allowed to wear her Hijab for Ramadan in view of the public because of Disney's strict dress code rules. Disney has now released a costume design that will allow the intern to wear her Hijab around the resort. Although, I'll all for religious freedom, I still contend that she was in the wrong and Disney was not. They gave her the option to work backstage, but she decided to go home instead. Besides, when you sign-up with Disney you have to agree to a strict dress code contract that includes visible piercings, hair length, and even the amount of make-up you wear. I know, I was going to audition to be Mickey Mouse.
 

Source: LAist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment